I’ve worked tirelessly in my free time over the past 4.5 years to create a world where what I did during my 5-9 could take the place of my 9-5.
And now it’s happened.
After almost half a decade with Omnibuild and climbing up the ranks from a guy who just needed a job to becoming the Director of its Operations, I have decided to go my own way and sever the 9-5 umbilical cord and take that first gasp of 100% entrepreneurial air via coaching, teaching, speaking, writing and advising.
The play was always the long play. It was endless nights, giving up weekends and constantly tinkering, but the alternative of always wondering what-if, was more debilitating to me.
It’s not that I am ungrateful or miserable at my job. In fact, this job at Omnibuild was a life raft for me at a time when I desperately needed it. I love everyone I worked with. They are family to me, always will be. It is why I will continue to consult with them a few hours a week.
But, I’ve always been a bit defiant and non-conformant with my path in life so I knew from a young age that the stories I tell are more important than the comforts I have. Experience is more important than owning something. Travel is more important than a corner office.
This state-of-mind leaves me with a: “Fuck-it. What’s-the-worst-that-can-happen?” button much more accessible than most people do.
So for me, it’s time for to untie the mooring line, throw caution to the wind and sail off to the next chapter of my life’s story. No regrets. No glances in the rearview mirror wondering if what I’m doing is “right”.
I was once told to make every decision the right decision. In the end, this decision will just be one small part of a longer story, so I own this decision and will be accountable for what comes along with it – the good and the bad – with a smile on my face.
Learn. Do. Fail. Get up. Keep moving forward.
I like living and breathing better than working…My art IS that of living: each second, each breath is a work which is inscribed nowhere, which is neither visual nor cerebral. It’s a sort of constant euphoria. – Marcel Duchamp
Is the future all roses for me? No! In fact, it is more unknown and uncertain than ever. I’m scared, nervous, excited and confident at the same time but the most important thing is that I believe in what I’m doing. That is my trump card. That is my Ace of Spades. That is my comfort.
And what is it that I believe in so much?
I wake up everyday with two things on my mind:
- An insatiable obsession to take advantage of the opportunities I have at my fingertips
- An unmistakable gratitude for the chance to decide which opportunity to delve into
In order to embody each of these I have to combine the notions of motivation, clarity and discipline. Through the years I’ve gotten damn good at solving my own problems and seizing control of my own opportunities that it has now naturally added a third pillar of my occupied mind:
- An unparalleled desire to help others define and navigate hurdles in their 9-5 lives in order for them to create abundance, be it financial or personal, and to create freedom, be it professional or emotional.
So I want to help you move forward towards the life you want to live, the one that keeps eluding you, the one that can’t get past the Duke of Doubt, the Champion of Comfort or the Thief of Time.
Why is this so important to me?
- Because it is our duty to take advantage of the endless choices we have and use them to try to live a better life. To not do so would be criminal
- Because those choices we have may not be around forever. The tap of abundance is open right now for pretty much everyone reading this but who knows when blind luck will change its course?
- Because regret sucks
- Because when we overcome challenges, we gain confidence
- Because when we gain confidence, we are happier
- Because when we are happier, we treat people better
- Because we only have one shot at life. The only thing we’ll care about before we die will be how we lived and how we treated the people around us
We, the lucky we, can choose to live an intentional and fulfilled life, today. It’s our choice. Remember that.
It’s not easy though, I know. I’ve lived the 9-5 life my entire career. I still have debt I’m paying off. I know how the game works. But I was also able to use the other hours of the day to create my own path, my own journey and my own rules for the past 11 years. You can to. That doesn’t mean that you have to start a company or leave your current job but you know you want to do more of something before later becomes soon and soon becomes used to be.
For as busy as you think you are, you still have leisure time to do with it what you choose.
Your life is your life. Know it while you have it.
As you can see, this newfound life that I’m living is quite simply put, in the hands of…you.
Well, let me clarify that, especially since I’m the guy who wrote The Accountability Effect. The effort I put into this new life is solely on me, but as an entrepreneur, there are no middlemen. There is no hiding behind the curtain and still getting a paycheck from a company simply for being an employee. There is no going through the motions. I have to bring value to you and my clients everyday in order to earn a buck.
So, since my life is now (in)directly in your hands, I will commit even more to you and helping get the results you want in life.
What can you expect from me?
- More coaching/consulting services both for individuals and for companies
- A Colipera Meet-up group in NYC for those who just want to get to know other people who want to do more in life but can’t seem to surround themselves with the right people
- A deeper focus on creating Colipera Mastermind groups. Why should mastermind groups only be for the super successful? Everyone deserves to be part of a mastermind group. Colipera is the playbook for that.
- My goal-setting informational product
- More workshops and things like The Ignition Lab & Magnet
- More classes
- More speaking engagements
- More videos
- Another e-book
- As many free resources as possible
- A re-branding of Colipera. I’ll get into this one later but let’s just say I own the url: www.readysetfinish.com and I intend to use it
- Other things I haven’t thought up yet
With this giant life transition, a lot of people ask me “how” I did it. Well to be honest I haven’t “done” anything groundbreaking. People do this kind of thing all the time. There is no rule book to read before jumping, there are only gut feelings and requirements I created for myself. And those feelings and requirements tell me it’s time to jump.
Simple as that.
So, off I go in another chapter in the great experiment we call life! I hope you’ll come along for the ride in some manner or another.
And with that, I must end this post with the only question that matters: How can I help you? I’m dying to help.
Leave comments in this post, email me directly or fill out the free questionnaire.